Friday, May 2, 2008

Grand Theft Life

Hi, my name is Andrew, and I'm a GTAIV addict.

Hi Andrew.

I used to think that I could control it y'know? I'd made it through San Andreas ok after all. I figured, how much worse could it get? Everyone said San Andreas was as far as you could go, but I managed to never get lost in it. This is different, things have changed. The second I saw Liberty City again, I knew I was a goner.

Then I drove my first car, fired my first gun, killed my first cop, and earned my first arrest. The high was unbelievable. I knew I was in too deep already, I couldn't do it again. But I couldn't stop either, I was too far gone. First it was a simple driving mission, but then it got worse. Next thing I know, I'm attacking Chinese shopkeepers with bricks for the Russian mob. And I love it. I know I shouldn't, but I can't help myself. It's all too gratifying.

I didn't know where to turn next. Every day it was the same thing. Come home, and get loaded on GTA. It became my passion and my life. I know there's other things to do, I have to study or feed the dog, but it all takes a backseat once I light up the controller. There is nothing but GTA, now or ever.

I finally decided it was time to get help. I came here hoping I could find some. I look out and see that I was wrong. Because all the time I just spent writing this, I could be spending mowing down innocent crackheads.

My name is Andrew, and I'm a GTAIV addict.

No comments: