Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Blogging and Pie

I never understood the fascination with blogging for the longest time, and then it occured to me. Blogging is the internet equivalent of running out into a crowded New York intersection, screaming about how much you love pie or how much your mom sucks for grounding you for the weekend, and then getting punched in the face by the guy who wishes you shut up and stop being all emo about your pie-love. Of course, on the internet, you only get punched by hateful comments, only painful if you can't take it when people diss pie.

Accordingly, I suppose it's fitting that blogging caught on like it did. The entire internet got swept up in it. Lovestruck teenagers would type on end about their wonderful "significant other" until the inevitable painful breakup, in which they'd relentlessly type their tears into heartfelt blog posts. Then the trolls came and mocked them for it. Sometimes it's hard to fathom why the internet has become such a social haven, when the majority of people on it will taunt you or bitch about their problems.

So why am I blogging? Honestly, it's time-killing at it's finest. What better way to pass the time then to sit here staring at this screen, typing whatever incredibly dumb thoughts sprout out of my head and littering the internet with talk about people who love pie. The best part? People will read it, laugh at me (or preferably with me) and mindlessly barrage me with comments.

The sad truth? I'll be lucky to get one. But hey, that's what blogging's all about I guess. Honestly, whoever got famous just by having a website on a social network, got their own crappy reality show on TV, and become a recording artist for a semi-major record label, as well as having a name that rhymes with Bequila? Exactly.

Now, where did I leave that pie.

13 comments:

N said...

This

N said...

is

N said...

me

N said...

mindlessly

N said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
N said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
N said...

barraging

N said...

you

N said...

with

N said...

comments.

N said...

*grin*

Gravity said...

I hate you! I saw 11 comments and suddenly thought I was popular!

Jake said...

Andrew! I thought you would've known better by now than to EVER assume you're popular.